At Insurance and Estates (I&E), our goal is to provide top level education and knowledge so you can make the best, most informed choice for you, based on your specific needs and goals.
We understand that you have many options to choose from on who to give your business to. So why should you trust I&E? We strive to provide our visitors and clients with top level care and service, as is evidenced by hundreds of 5-star reviews. In addition, our content is second to none, as we make great effort to provide the best-in-class information to our readers.
From company review articles, to articles covering the inner workings of the different types of life insurance policies, our in-depth guides and reviews make our website a top destination for anyone seeking information about cash value life insurance and annuities.
In addition, our agents are incredible, with depth of insight seldom seen. Each of our agents holds themselves to the highest ethical standards and seek only to provide the best recommendations to our clients.
Steven Gibbs, as the Founder and CEO, is responsible for all the content on insuranceandestates.com. The information he presents is gathered from personal experience, as a life insurance agent and estate planning attorney, industry data, and opinion.
At times, he will work with other professionals to provide insight into a topic that falls outside of his purview. When third-party experts are brought in, we thoroughly certify their professional experience. Our goal is to confirm they are duly qualified to offer expert commentary on the subject matter.
Before publishing any article, Steven personally reviews the content multiple times. He also compensates third-party expert sources to ensure the accuracy of said content.
Sources and citations
Content appearing on I&E may include data from the following sources:
- Third-party websites: We regularly link to articles on external websites to provide further insight for the subject matter. We will also consult third-party company websites for research purposes, such as review articles.
- Third-party experts: At times, we consult with experts not employed by I&E. We do this when we need feedback about a subject that we believe a third-party expert can provide deeper insight into.
- Internal company data: I&E has helped hundreds of customers and placed many millions of dollars in life insurance coverage. We may cite internal statistics, given our vast experience in the life insurance marketplace. Also, from time to time we may conduct consumer surveys and mention the said survey(s) results in certain pieces of content.
- Insurance industry data: Market data from industry research groups such as the Insurance Information Institute (III), National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC), and Life Insurance Marketing and Research Association (LIMRA) may be cited to provide additional information to our own research.
No matter the source used to provide further insight to a specific subject, we will always provide credit to the contributing author.
We write about topics related to insurance, specifically cash value life insurance, annuities, and long-term care insurance. Each article is written to address, in-depth, a specific subject to provide consumers with information that is accurate and impartial.
At the beginning of each article, there is a “Fact checked” designation. It conveys that all content is written by Steven Gibbs, an industry expert. In addition, third-party licensed agents, who are also experts in life insurance, to review our content for accuracy.
Various portions of our website will display actual reviews from I&E customers. We provide reviews through a third-party review company called Trustpilot. Our customers are invited to leave us a review of their experience. All customer reviews are available at Trustpilot.com. I&E cannot edit customer reviews or decide which ones are and are not published.
Updating, correcting, and deleting articles
Our articles are updated often to try and make sure we have the most up-to-date information for our readers. Any errors or omissions, though rare, are promptly corrected as soon as possible. We invite our readers to leave feedback if they find any errors or out-of-date information. Occasionally, if we believe an older article is no longer relevant and an update will not suffice, we may delete said article.
How does I&E make money?
I&E is an independent insurance agency. Since we work with different products, such as cash value life insurance, annuities, and long-term care insurance, we represent many different insurance companies. When a client buys a policy, we are paid a commission from the insurance company. Without us, they would have no customers.
It’s important to realize that you do not pay a higher monthly premium or a fee of any kind when we provide service to you. The majority of insurance is not provided directly to the consumer, since most insurance is sold through licensed agencies such as I&E.
All insurance rates are filed with each Department of Insurance for each state. Insurance companies cannot alter these prices. Therefore, rates are the same whether you buy through an agency like us or directly from the insurer.
The main benefits of working with I&E are that you:
- Get expert help from a qualified agent who will answer all your questions and provide expert guidance.
- We work with many top-rated carriers, so you get the best policy based on your specific needs and goals.
- Our experts will be with you the entire application process, from beginning to end, to help facilitate the best experience possible.
- We will also provide exceptional ongoing service after your policy is issued.
All these benefits to working with I&E come at no extra cost.